Hey there! Hi!
I’m Audra, and that there is my good lookin’ husband, Josh, and I am super stoked that you found our joyful little corner of the world- joyosphere!
We’re just a couple of newly-wed, twenty-something, do-it-yourself-ers learning and loving what it means to be homeowners and sharing our story- the good, the bad, and the ugly- with all of you wonderful people as we make this place our own!
Behind the curtain:
I have always loved to create things for as long as I can remember- I even wanted to be an “ah-tist” when I was a wee little lass. I feel as though I have been surrounded by such incredible family members my whole life who believed in “doing it yourself” and getting your hands dirty- I believe that I inherited that wonderful trait from them.
I am a librarian by day, and crafter by night. Joyosphere started as a way for me to have that creative outlet that I desperately needed as well as a medium to share our happenings with our friends and family around the globe without having to pick up a phone.
But joyosphere has grown into something beyond what I could have ever imagined that it would become- turns out- there’s a whole community of DIYers out there, happy to hang around and join in on the fun! I truly believe that it’s you guys- our dear followers and lovely readers- that make this one of the most rewarding DIY projects I have started! You are all so wonderful and supportive, we wouldn’t be here without you!
A little history lesson:
Now, when we say newly-weds, we mean it! Josh and I were married in December of 2012! That’s right, that’s just over a year ago! It was a beautiful winter wedding with plenty of DIY, white powdery snow and just a few family and friends in attendance. Few as in 35 people few. It was a perfect day.
Josh still loves to tell the story about how a friend shouted from the back row “Don’t talk with your mouth full!” as our pastor pronounced us husband a wife! What a guy! (pssst… you can see more pictures of our wedding HERE…)
The inside scoop:
- I graduated from a very small liberal arts college… perhaps you’ve heard of Ohio Wesleyan University? Go Bishops!
- Josh’s birthday is the day before mine (makes for easy planning… am I right?)
- We didn’t take your typical tropical honeymoon…. we opted for something a little more “us”… so we went to Washington D.C.!
- We absolutely love living in Columbus, there’s really not another place like it if you ask us- we’re not biased at all (wink wink)! But Grand Rapids is a close second for us…
- I would eat a Cadbury Creme Egg every day of the year if I were able to…
- We have a total of a total of six laptops/computers between just the two of us… I married an IT guy… that also explains why we have a server under the couch in our office…
- I use books only slightly less than I use oxygen… and I don’t know if I will ever finish the reading list that I have started…
- We enjoy traveling to new places and experiencing new things, but we absolutely love being able to enjoy our home to the fullest!
So… what now?
For some oldies but goodies, these were a few of my favorite posts:
- March Insta-Round-Up
- Pinterest Challenge: Sugar and Spice Addition
- Wedding Reveal: The Details
- Newlyweds take on D.C.!
- An Unwelcome Visitor
And if you want to keep tabs on this roller coaster we call “life” you can subscribe to us or find us at any of these places online:
We’re so excited about where this blog is going, we might just wet our pants! Okay, just kidding about that part, but we are so very excited about joyosphere and where it might take us in the future! So buckle your seat belt, because you’re in for one heck of a ride!