Like Cookies and Milk!
Seriously. We do. Josh and I anyway. So that’s the theme for our little Valentine’s Day Celebration! And if you know Josh, you KNOW he loves his cookies and when he said he wished we had Oreo’s in the pantry earlier this week I knew I had a plan!
Chocolate Covered Oreo’s and Marshmallow Pops!
There are all sorts of versions for how to do this out there on the interwebs, and after a half hour or so of researching how it could be done I went on my merry way and stocked up on supplies one day while Josh was at work!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 package of chocolate baking chips- 10-12 oz (I used both milk chocolate chips and vanilla chips, each heated separately)
- 2 tablespoons of shortening- divided (if doing two types of chips, use 2 tablespoons in each for a total of 4)
- 1 package of Double Stuffed Oreo cookies
- 1 package of Jet-Puffed Jumbo Marshmallows
- Candy sticks (or Popsicle sticks would work well too)
- Sprinkles or any other toppings for your Pops
Pretty simple right? If you keep an eye out, these things usually all end up on sale around Valentine’s Day which is always a plus!
Here’s how you make your Pops!
After the chips are smooth, dip one end of your candy stick into the chip mixture and insert into the marshmallow. For the Oreo’s, dip one end of the stick into the chocolate and place flat against the frosting of the Oreo. Depending on the size of the stick, you may want to remove some of the frosting.
Once cooled, you can begin to dip the cookies and marshmallows into the melted chocolate until completely covered, allow the excess to drip off, add desired decorations, and then return them to the wax paper and refrigerate for another 30 minutes, or until set.
Do you celebrate Valentine’s Day at your house? Or are you pretty laid back about the whole idea like we are? It’s always fun to hear about what other people do on a so-called “manufactured” holiday, so step right up and share what you’ll be doing today!