Last week, completely by surprise, I was nominated for the “Sunshine Blogger Award”! After not blogging for a month or so, it was a really sweet welcome back and I truly appreciate the nomination and the support! It’s always reaffirming to know that people enjoy what you write and share- that I’m not just wasting my time here- because I do truly enjoy it and hope to continue to share our story with all of you lovely, wonderful, one-of-a-kind readers! So, without too much blabbering away, I would like to thank Alison Brickman makes it work for the nomination, it was the greatest “welcome back” surprise I could have imagined!
SO. Now that all of that mushy-gushy stuff has been taken care of, let’s get down to business!
Rules for this award are:
- Share 11 facts about yourself
- Answer the 11 questions asked by your nominator
- Include 11 questions for your nominees
- Notify your nominees about your post!
Pretty simple, right? So what are 11 facts about myself that I haven’t shared…
- I giggle like a school girl at Monty Python. All of them. They are my absolute favorite.
- We just purchased FitBits at the beginning of the year, needless to say I am addicted! Have to get those 10,000 steps per day in!
- Speaking of 10,000 steps, I have officially just registered for my first ever 10K! Shouldn’t be too hard, right?!
- My favorite project that I have created thus far, is my map covered side table! I love that I found it while antiquing with my cousin and Grandma, and I love that it’s next to my reading chair (also from my Grandma!)! It’s definitely my favorite piece of furniture in the house!
- I have recently discovered that I love pistachios. They might be my new go-to snack food, and you can bet I’ll be stashing those like a squirrel for road trips!
- I was a beta tester for Pinterest! It was pretty neat!
- I’m pretty much a zombie in the morning until I have some coffee and get moving. I only answer my husband in grunts, groans, and sighs until then. Lucky for me, my husband thinks it’s pretty darn cute!
- My husband was the first person to introduce me to wine, and now, I’m hooked!
- I like to collect cook books- and even use them from time to time. I love the photography and creativity that goes into them and think they are an under-appreciated art form!
- My first car was a 1994 Saturn SL-1 that was almost older than I was! His name was Wallace and I do miss him dearly!
- Since my husband taught me to drive standard, it’s the only kind of car I’ll drive now!
Now for the questions my nominator asked me…
- The last meal I cooked at home was a Frisco Melt, just like at Steak and Shake! Boy, were they delicious!
- When I was a kid, I had no idea what I wanted to be when I grew up- it was everything from a tight rope walker or artist to a professional athlete or lawyer.
- I was never really into boy bands growing up that I can remember, but I do know that I owned N’SYNC and Back Street Boys CD’s growing up.
- Best craft item ever… well I already told you that my favorite thing I created was my little side table… but my favorite craft item to work with is my sewing machine
- Gosh, I don’t even know where I would spend $5,000… maybe I would buy some more work out gear for me and some techie thing for my husband (or maybe even a fancy air compressor…) but other than that, I don’t really know what I would spend it on…
- My guilty pleasure TV show has got to be M*A*S*H, for sure. Whenever re-runs are on, you can bet I’ll be watching!
- I honestly have no idea what “42” is the answer to. Consider me baffled. Making a mental note to Google it later…
- Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday ever. What better way to spend the day than to remember all that you’re thankful for- and no, I’m not one of those crazy Black Friday Shoppers, I like to spend my Black Friday on the couch digesting!
- If I could have grown up in any decade, I would still pick the late 80’s- early 90’s. It was pretty great to be a kid then!
- I wish I could sing. Two of my siblings are great at it, and I am a little envious of their talents!
- My favorite medium to work with is definitely wood. I always enjoy a good wood grain and love the natural warmth it brings to a room whenever it’s incorporated!
Next, the questions for my nominees!
- Are you a dog or cat person (or neither!)!?
- What is your favorite recipe to cook?
- What inspired you to start blogging?
- If you could visit anywhere in the world, where would it be, and why?
- What feature is a “must have” in a home for you?
- What cheers you up on a gloomy day?
- To this date, what would you consider to be your greatest accomplishment?
- Who would win in a comic book battle: Batman or Superman?
- In your opinion, what is the best way to spend a Saturday night?
- Red or white wine? Or neither?
- Chalk or dry erase?
And now, it’s time for my nominations for the Sunshine Award! Drum roll please….!