I had heard of the Liebster in passing, but never really looked much into it. Turns out, after reading Claire’s post on it as well as my pal Lauren’s post about it, the award is given to small bloggers, from other small bloggers. Small meaning 200-1000 followers!! And once you’re nominated for it, you nominate other lil’ bloggers to share the love! It’s really a warm, fuzzy feeling when you get one (or maybe that’s just me…).
There are a few other rules to follow, but they’re all good and fun!
- Write 11 facts about yourself
- Answer the 11 questions your nominator asked you
- Nominate 11 more small blogs
- Give 11 questions to your nominees
Pretty simple, right? I’m ready to jump right on in if you are!
11 facts about Audra!
- I always order the vegetarian burrito from Chipotle. I’m not even remotely vegetarian. Further evidence for my husband that I’m a little weird!
- I like the sound that tires make on gravel. And I like the smell of freshly cut grass. I think growing up out in the boondocks made a lasting impact on this city girl!
- Josh and I absolutely love movies. You name it, we’ve seen it! AMC’s stubs card has been one of the most used cards in our repertoire!
- I love to drive manual transmission cars! Ever since Josh taught me how when we were dating, I’ve been hooked! Maybe it was the CC, or the TT, or my first car (trusty old Wally), but I love fell in love driving them!
- I have this completely irrational fear of talking on the phone. I do it, but I don’t like it. It’s awkward for me and I don’t know if I’ll ever get used to it. Text messages are the world’s greatest invention since sliced bread!
- My high school, college, and first “big girl job” are all in the same town. Even though I no longer live there, I’m never too far away!
- For our first Valentine’s Day, Josh gave me a gold fish, Fishy. Right then and there I knew he was the one for me!
- It’s a goal of mine to read at least one book for fun, per month, for an entire year! It’s a lot easier said than done, which is especially funny considering a work in a library… but there just doesn’t seem to be enough time in the day these days!
- Every November 3rd, I celebrate “Carpe Diem Day”! A day to remember that we were meant to live, and live life to the fullest!
- I am paralyzed when it comes to heights. Like the whole can’t breathe, I think I’m going to die kind of fear.
- I am absolutely terrible when it comes to math… or rather, just numbers in general. I once thought the ATM gave us too much money for a withdrawal… Nope, I just couldn’t count.
Well, now that you know a little bit more about me and what makes me tick, I get to share the love with some other lovely bloggers that I love to follow along with!
- Dria at Dio Home Improvements does some pretty awesome home renovations and super chic crafts! Not to mention I love that her dog gets to go everywhere with her!
- Danielle at Framed Frosting is super sweet and does some pretty awesome crafts and even hosts a weekly “craft theme” linky party every week!
- Megan at Rental Revival has a lot of ideas for decorating rentals and is a fellow Ohioan! Not to mention her dog Petunia is pretty stinkin’ cute!
- Sam at Inspired by Numbers is someone I’ve known for a while now, we went to school together way back when! She has lots of useful tips about budgets and has a great sense of style!
- Jillian at Her Split Ends has quite a few DIY’s and always manages to make me laugh! I love her “Monday Mantra” posts, because you know, Monday’s are hard.
- Lisa at The Wife Life has a pretty fun blog that I love reading along with! Not to mention she’s posted a few travel tips that I will take to heart!
- Laura Beth over at A Step in The Journey was one of the very first blogs I started following. I love her story and all the things she creates with her Cameo!
- Caroline at Mighty Momma does it all! I always like to see what she’s up to! And her son is totally adorable!
- Wife in Progress with Jenna is super cute and very loveable! Another DIY’er, she always has something on deck to share!
- Angela at Twelve Oaks Manor has one cute house with an incredible backyard, that I might be a little bit envious of! 🙂
- Cindy at Little Miss Celebration is my newest follow, she has lots of cute crafts to go with her fabulous blog!
My Answers to Claire’s Questions
- What is your favorite thing about blogging? My favorite thing about blogging has to be the community that is created- we all have this special blogging bond that is so lovely! I’ve met some pretty cool people out here in blog-land!
- What do you do when you need a pick-me-up? When I need a pick me up I usually go for one of 3 things: A hug from my husband, play time with our pooch, or something sweet- like frozen yogurt with nerds on top!
- What is your favorite movie? My favorite movie is actually kind of a hard question… there are so many to choose from! Although I am especially fond of The Patriot, The Sound of Music, and The Shawshank Redemption.
- What is the best book you have read recently? The best book I have read recently has been “Inferno” by Dan Brown. He’s just got this cool way of using history to make a really good mystery book. I highly recommend it.
- What is the happiest piece of art in your home? The happiest piece of art in our home is actually a painting done by one of our good friends, Bette Dickinson, of Suttons Bay that she started right after Josh and I got engaged there last year that she and her husband gave to us for our wedding. It’s a very special piece for us.
- If you could travel anywhere, where would you go? If I could travel anywhere, I would want to go to either Florence or Dublin. Or both. Can we do both please?
- What is your favorite decade in American history? The 50’s. Hands down. Nothing quite says America like the 50’s to me!
- What is the best vacation you have taken? Best vacation that I ever took was to Suttons Bay, Michigan where Josh proposed on the shore of Lake Michigan. By far the best ever.
- What makes a meal “good”? Pretty much anything. I’m not too picky. As long as there aren’t brussel sprouts involved!
- What is your favorite workout? My favorite work out has got to be on our elliptical. Just turn on the Netflix and go!
- What is the best bit of advice you have ever received? The best piece of advice I have ever received- There’s always hope. (Jeremiah 29:11, Hebrews 11:1)
So, here are my questions for you lovely nominees, should you choose to accept!
- If you had a theme song, what would it be?
- Who or what inspired you to start blogging?
- Gold or silver?
- What have you learned recently?
- Who is your favorite author?
- What is your favorite cereal?
- Coffee or tea?
- What is your favorite season?
- You can have a half-hour conversation with any fictional character. Who do you choose? Why?
- Pushpins or Dry-Erase markers?
- What advice would you give someone who wants to start a blog?
Man, talk about twenty questions! Just kidding! I actually had a lot of fun writing this post, and hopefully you guys had at least a little chuckle from it! Seriously though, go check out my nominees, they’re awesome!
ga(‘create’, ‘UA-42540503-1’, ‘joyosphere.com’);